Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Select and Click



My Weekday Morning Routine:

1.       Wake up (Good moooorning wor--Ugh. I have school today. -_-)
2.       Check the time (Am I late yet?)
3.       Eat breakfast (I need energy!)
4.       Take a bath and brush teeth (Rub-a-dub-dub)
5.       Get dressed (I need to look good because you’ll never know...)
6.       Check facebook and emails for important announcements (Please give us free cut. PLEASE.)
7.       Pack bag (and lunch bag)
8.       Leave for school (Oh no, I’m gonna be late!)

In a about an hour and thirty minutes immediately after waking up, I have already used/consumed several forms and products of technology: my watch, the light bulb, my clothes, plastic containers, the car, etc. In this day and age, it is evident that technology is no longer just tools—but a lifestyle, especially for us living in the urban areas.

Through several subjects I am taking up this semester, I have seen how technology has evolved through the years. Today’s innovators have shifted their focus from creating industrial technology, to devices that will maintain connections among individuals, give students easier access to information, and aid employees in effectively and efficiently performing their jobs. Technology nowadays has also become a source of entertainment. When I was a kid, I watched a lot of TV shows or VHS tapes during the day, but I still spent time playing with my cousins and my neighbors. These days, I rarely hear children playing on the streets in our neighborhood. Perhaps they are in front of their TV sets or computer screens.

Not only does technology make life easy, it has also become more accessible to the public, no matter what social class an individual comes from. I feel that for these reasons, we have become more dependent on technology that we seem to be controlled by it. Because it is a universal extension of ourselves, it is almost impossible to live in a regular society without it. As a modern student, I cannot submit a research paper written on leaves or on stone tablets, nor can I be excused from submitting a homework that was announced online just because I did not have access to a computer or the internet. Just like my cousin and her boyfriend living in Australia, many relationships are held together by technology, particularly social networking. Nevertheless, I believe that no matter how prevalent technology is in our lives today, it will always a matter of choice whether we will allow to be in control, or be controlled by technology.

----

Fifth blogpost made by Danielle Trance

1 comment:

  1. "Not only does technology make life easy, it has also become more accessible to the public, no matter what social class an individual comes from" Very true! It is evident even in the Philippines (almost anyone can have a phone now)

    ReplyDelete